Currently,Foxwell Automaster serie has many products ,foxwell NT644、foxwell NT624、foxwell NT643、foxwell NT642、foxwell NT641,foxwell NT640,foxwell NT414 and so on.Which the most powerful scanner of Foxwell Automaster series? The answer is Foxwell NT644 Automaster scanner tool.AutoMaster NT644 for All System: EPB and Oil Service Scanner,including All Function of NT640/NT641/NT642/NT643.Here’s the Foxwell NT644 Function Menu displays.
* Read Codes
*Freeze Frame Data
* ECU Information
Not all function options listed above are applicable to all vehicles. Available options may vary by the year, model, and make of the test vehicle. A “The selected mode is not supported!” message displays if the option is not applicable to the vehicle under test.
1 Read Codes
Read Codes menu lets you read trouble codes found in the control unit. Typical menu options
* Present/Permanent/Current Codes
Present/Permanent/Current codes stored in a control module are used to help identify the cause of a trouble or troubles with a vehicle. These codes have occurred a specific number of times and indicate a problem that requires repair.
Pending codes are also referred to as maturing codes that indicate intermittent faults. If the fault does not occur within a certain number of drive cycles (depending on vehicle), the code clears from memory. If a fault occurs a specific number of times, the code matures into a DTC and the MIL illuminates or blinks.
History codes are also referred to as past codes that indicate intermittent DTCs that are not currently active.
Code history is number of engine starts since DTC(s) were first detected (to see if they are current or intermittent)
Self diagnostic lets you manually activate system tests that check for DTCs. Usually it includes a
KOEO (Key-on, engine-off ) test and a KOER (key-on, engine-running) test.
How to To read codes from a vehicle by NT644 Automaster:
1. Scroll with the arrow keys to highlight Read Codes from Function Menu and press the ENTER key. A code list including code number and its description displays.
2. Use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through data to select lines, and left and right arrow
keys to scroll back and forth through different screens of data.
3. Press function key Save to store DTC information. Or use the BACK key to exit.
How to Freeze Frame Data with NT644
Freeze Frame Data menu displays freeze frame data, a snapshot of critical vehicle operating conditions automatically recorded by the on-board computer at the time of the DTC set. It is a good function to help determine what caused the fault.
To view freeze frame data:
1. Select Freeze Frame Data from the Function Menu. Details of freeze frame data displays.
2. Use the arrow keys to scroll back and forth through different screens of data.
3.Press function key Save to store freeze frame information. Or use the BACK key to exit.
How to Erase Codes for Foxwell NT644 pro
Erase Codes menu lets you to clear all current and stored DTCs from a selected control module.Also it erases all temporary ECU information, including freeze frame. So make sure that the selected system are completely checked and serviced by technicians and no vital information will be lost before clearing codes.
● To clear codes, make sure that the ignition key is switched to ON with the engine off.
● Erase Codes does not fix the problem that caused the fault! DTCs should only be erased after correcting the condition(s) that caused them.
To clear codes:
1. Scroll with the arrow keys to highlight Erase Codes from Function Menu and press the ENTER key.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions and answer questions about the vehicle being tested to
complete the procedure.
3. Check the codes again. If any codes remain, repeat the Erase Codes steps.
How to Read ECU Information by Foxwell NT644 Automaster pro
ECU Information screen displays the identification data of the control module under test, such as the control module identification string and the control module coding.
To read ECU information:
1. Select ECU Information from the menu and press the ENTER key.
2. A screen with detailed information of the selected control module displays.
3. Press function key Save to store ECU information. Or use the BACK key to exit.
How to Display Live Data with Foxwell NT644 PRO
Live Data menu lets you view and record real time PID data from a selected vehicle electronic control module.
Menu options typically include:
● Complete Data List
● Custom Data List
Complete Data List
Complete Data List menu lets you view all live PID data from a selected system.
To view all live PID data
1. Scroll with the arrow keys to highlight Live Data from the menu and press the ENTER key to display the live data menu.
2. Select the Complete List from the menu and press the ENTER key to display the datastream screen.
3. Scroll with the up and down arrow keys to highlight a line, if the One Graphic on the bottom is highlighted, it indicates the graphing is available for the selected line. Press the function key One Graphic to display the PID graph.
4. Press the function key Two Graphics to display two PID graphs in one screen.
5. Press the function key Merge Graph to display two PID plots in one coordinate for easy and intuitive diagnosis.
6. To record the data to memory of the scanner, use the function key SAVE, and press Stop Saving to stop recording at any time.
7. Press Text to return to text viewing of PID data.
8. Select Pause to suspend collecting data from the scanner and use the Start key to resume collecting data.
9. Press the Back key to return to the previous menu.
Custom Data List
Custom Data List menu lets you to minimize the number of PIDs on the data list and focus on any suspicious or symptom-specific data parameters.
To create a custom data list:
1. Select Custom List from the menu and press the ENTER key.
2. The custom datastream selection screen displays. Scroll with the up and down arrow keys to highlight a line, press the ENTER key and then repeat the action to make more selections.
To deselect an item, select it again and then press the ENTER key. Alternatively, use the function keys SELECT ALL and CLEAR ALL to select or deselect all items at once.
3. When finished selection, use the function key VIEW DATA to display selected items.
Hope it helps you