Foxwell NT530 1998 bmw m3 e36 oil / service / maintenance reset
Have 1998 BMW M3 e36 to reset oil/ service / maintenance, Foxwell NT530 is able to do this job manually instead of automatically.
This is the operation guide:
- Let's go on with searching the diagnostic connector(the black cylinder).It is located in the engine compartment, near the brake fluid box.
- You have to remove the cap on top and you'll see a 20 pin connector.
- Our interest is to use the pins 7 and 19, necessary to reset oil service light BMW 3 Series E36.
- Now make sure that the ignition switch is in position 0 (that means no operating of any kind).
- Remove the key.
- Then place a jumper wire (refer to the end of this file) between the pins 7 and 19.
- When you see the OILSERVICE light in the instrument cluster, it's time to perform an reset oil service light BMW 3 series E36. When the wire is palced, take the key and insert it int to the ignition switch.
- Turn the ignition switch to position 2 (run, no start). After approd 3 seconds you shold remove the jumper wire.
- You will see that the OIL SERVICE light disappears and all the green lights come out.
- Turn the switch back to position 0, remove the key.
- Replace the cap on the diagnostic connector and close the engine compartment.